Ever heard of the name Bircher Muesli? This Swiss breakfast is the ancestor of overnight oats and consists of rolled oats, lots of fresh fruits and milk. It was first introduced by a physician named Maximilian Bircher-Benner around 1900 has he (rightfully!) believed in the health properties of a diet rich in plants and whole foods.
Raspberry Apple Bircher Muesli
- 1 packet Yumi Apple Cinnnamon Overnight Oats
- 1 small grated apple
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1\2 cup almond milk
- 1\4 cup raspberries
- Fruits of your choice for garnish (suggested : banana slices, strawberries & blueberries)
- Add the almond milk, chia seeds and grated apple to the apple cinnamon overnight oats.
- Mix well and let sit overnight or for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- The next morning, mash the raspberries with a fork and add to the overnight oats, along with fresh fruits of your choice
If you try this recipe, don't forget to share it with us at @Yumiorganics or by email email@example.com. We love seeing your creations ❤️