Happy #NationalDonutDay! 🍩 We’re celebrating with a vegan donut that's not just healthy but delicious and so easy to make! 😋
Healthy Vegan D(oat)nuts
- 3 sachets of Dark Choco Overnight Oats (1 and 1/3 cups after blending)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Empty your Dark Choco Overnight Oats into a food processor and pulse blend until you get a fine oat flour (you’re looking for almost no visible oat pieces).
- Measure out 1 1/3 cups of your Yumi oat flour and add to a bowl.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour the soy milk, applesauce, melted vegan butter (1 tablespoon) and vanilla into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well with a large wooden spoon to combine. The batter will be similar to cake batter; not too thick but not very runny either.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan, OR fill a large ziplock bag with the batter, cut a hole in the corner and pipe into the pan, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Be careful not to overfill, as the donuts will rise and you might lose the “hole” of your donut.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. If your donut pan is larger than mine, they could take a few extra minutes to bake. Let cool for two or three minutes in the pan, then carefully transfer to a wire rack with a large piece of parchment paper beneath it (to help with the mess).
- Make sure you let them cool completely before topping with your favourite store-bought or homemade icing!