Canada day is around the corner and we've come up with the perfect recipe to show your colors! It contains maple, one of the most canadian foods to exist, and showcases our seasonal fruits with a strawberry & chia jam that can be made in under 10 minutes!
Canadian Overnight Oats
- 1 packet maple cranberry overnight oats
- 1\3 cup almond milk (or any other milk)
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp coconut yogurt (or any other yogurt)
- A few strawberries and\or raspberries for garnish
- Coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- For the strawberry & chia jam (serves about 2) : 1 cup strawberries + 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1\2 tbsp lemon juice + 1\2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add the almond milk, the dried cranberries and 1 tbsp of chia seeds to the maple-cranberry overnight oats.
- Mix well and let sit overnight or for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- In a small saucepan, heat the strawberries over medium-high until they start to break down.
- Mash the strawberries with a fork and add in the lemon juice, maple syrup and chia seeds.
- Mix well and remove from the heat. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Top your overnight oats with the strawberry & chia jam, coconut yogurt and fresh fruits.
If you try this recipe, don't forget to share it with us at @Yumiorganics or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. We love seeing your creations ❤️