We love to try out new recipes, especially when they are made of a few ingredients that we commonly find in our cupboards. Hopefully, these easy and delicious Easter Nest overnight oat cookies will climb to the top of your go-to cookie list. 🍎
Easter Nest Overnight Oat Cookies
Why we 💗 them:
- Easy to make
- Healthy & delicious
- They are chewy and crunchy
- Soft and moist center
Dry: 1 package of Dark Choco Overnight Oats 1 cup whole wheat or gluten-free flour of choice ½ cup rolled oats 1 tsp baking powder ½ tsp baking soda 1 tsp cocoa powder 1 tsp ground nutmeg ¼ cup chopped dates A pinch of sea salt Sprinkle of icing sugar (for topping!) Chocolate mini eggs (for topping!)
Wet: 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp pure maple syrup 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (vegan) OR 3 large eggs 1 cup plant-based milk 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and the wet ingredients in another.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture until it’s well incorporated.
- Use a cookie scoop or with your hands, form small balls, and place them about an inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 (chewy) to 15 (crunchy) minutes and cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack before serving. This recipe makes approximately 15 cookies.
- Top with a sprinkle of icing sugar and chocolate mini eggs for that extra special Easter touch! 🐰 (Totally optional)
Note: Keep some ready to bake dough! You can prepare the dough in advance and keep in the freezer for up to a month. No need to thaw, simply add 1 or 2 minutes to the cooking time. ❄️